By Jon Kauffman
Today I finished reading “Wholly Different” by Nonie Darwish. I learned a great deal about Islam. We are at war in the Middle East. How dangerous is Islam to America?
Quotes from “Wholly Different:”
The worldwide phenomenon of Islamic terrorism is not a sign of power but a cry for help by a dying religion. A religion that does not even believe in itself and must lie to survive. But unfortunately, the West does not see it this way. Western counties keep trying to appease Muslim culture, rescuing Muslim refugees, and giving honor and respect to a dying religion that has been mired in sin for too long.” Page 167.
In chapter 9 Darwish demonstrates how Islam breaks each of the 10 commandments.
“In theory, Muslims accept the Bible as true revelation – except that they believe both Old and New Testaments to have been ‘corrupted’ by the Jews and the Christians…..Islam replaced both the Golden Rule and the commandment ‘Thou shalt not kill’ with ‘Kill your neighbor if he’s a non-Muslim.’” Page 170.
Darwish continues on page 180, “Not only does Islam reject the Sixth Commandment, it actually enshrines killing as the most important form of worship and devotion to Allah. “Killing Jews is Worship that draws us close to Allah” is an Islamic slogan that you can see repeated by members of Hamas on Palestinian television.”
Darwish tells us that “Allah was the name of the chief pagan god of the Kaaba in Mecca before Muhammad.” Allah and the God of the Jews and the Christians are nothing alike. God is a God of love, mercy, and peace. Allah is a god of war, lies and pride.
“Islam has no understanding of the Biblical concept of loyalty to God out of love. Islamic loyalty to Allah is out of fear of a distant master who is eager to punish humans.” Page 174
Darwish compares the culture of America with the culture of the Middle East. “But one does not even have to be a devout Christian to be blessed by Biblical values and to benefit from the principles of good living and a sound mind that they support. As an outsider who came to this country after thirty years in the Muslim world, I can see very clearly just by living in the U.S – even if one is an atheist who hates the Bible – that the benefits of a healthy culture shaped by the Biblical Fruits of the Spirt are everywhere, plentiful for the taking.” Page 197.
“The evil One did come six hundred years after Jesus was raised from the dead in the same Middle East that brought us the Bible truth. And he has been chasing that truth out of the Middle East ever since.” Page 211
“Muslims defend this Islam-sanctioned child abuse by saying that children are also abused in the West. But there’s a huge difference: In the West, those who physically harm children go to jail. In Muslim culture, child abuse is the accepted norm.” Page 212.
There are many commonalities between Western feminists and the defenders of Islam. Their common enemy is Biblical values, and especially the lifelong marriage covenant between one man and one woman. Both belief systems are ruthless about sacrificing family happiness for what they see as loftier goals. While the ultra-left feminist carries a sign that says, “I am proud of my abortion,” the Muslim feminist says, “I am proud to sacrifice my son and husband to jihad.” Both ideologies obviously stand against the nature of women and what is best for them.” Page 255.
“Biblical family values are by their very nature a threat to Islam. Muslims often envy the citizens of the West, wondering, how come Western governments value the lives of their citizens but ours don’t? and why do women in the West enjoy the loyalty of their husbands and respect in the political system? The answer is Biblical values.” Page 229.
Abu A’la Mawdudi, the most influential Islamic theologian of the twentieth century, proudly stated that Islam is a totalitarian system and a form of fascism, just like Nazism and Communism, that would destroy all personal freedom. Page 260
Expressions such as human rights, women’s rights, child abuse, voting, constitutional republic, democracy, and “government of the people, by the people, for the people” were never heard by the citizens of Islamic states until Western technological advance brought them to the Muslim world. The old war between Islam and the West was reignited – but this time as an ideological war. Islam right now is in a fight for survival, but the West unfortunately does not know that.”
Biblical ethics were designed by the true, loving God to give us the best life possible, a happiness that is even beyond our imagination. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness are ours to keep, but only if we keep on hoking tight to our Bible. Page 293.
Darwish says: When I started this book, I had thought of about 14 or 15 differences in the moral values between the Bible and Islam. By now, I have more than fifty, and I’m still counting:
- We are all sinners vs. They are all sinners.
- Life is sacred vs. death is worship
- Pleasing God vs. Pleasing Human Beings.
- Judge the sin and not the sinner vs. Judge the sinner, not the sin.
- Redemption from sin vs Immunity from sin.
- Guided by the Holy Spirit vs Manipulated by human terror.
- God the redeemer vs. Allah the Humiliator.
- Healing of spirit, body, and soul vs. No healing is needed.
- Jesus came to save us vs. We have to save Allah and Muhammad.
- Jesus died for us vs. We must die for Allah.
- Confession of sin vs. Concealment of sin.
- At war with the devil vs. at war with flesh and blood.
- The truth will set you free vs. lying is an obligation.
- Trust vs. distrust
- Faith vs. submission.
- Fear not! Vs. Fear as a tool of enforcement.
- Children of God vs. enemies or slaves of Allah
- One man and one woman vs. one man and a Harem.
- Transformation vs. conformity.
- Changing yourself vs changing others.
- Fearing God vs. fearing man.
- Praising vs. cursing.
- Personal prayer vs. exhibitionist prayers.
- Prayers for all vs. prayers only for Muslims.
- Vengeance is the Lord’s vs. Vengeance is prescribed for Muslims.
- Forgiveness and mercy vs. reveling in unforgiveness.
- Upholding human rights vs. sacrificing human rights.
- Work ethic vs. wealth through conquest.
- More than conquerors vs. to conquer is to prevail.
- God loves us all vs. Allah hates non-Muslims.
- Love your enemies vs. hate Allah’s enemies.
- Covenant of peace vs. covenant of war.
- Self-control vs. controlling others.
- The wages of sin is death vs. die in Jihad to be forgiven.
- Pride is a sin vs. Allah is prideful
- Humility vs pride.
- Envy is a sin vs the envious can put the evil eye on those they envy.
- Lust and gluttony are sins vs. Lust and gluttony are Allah’s lure to Jihadists.
- Anger is a sin vs. anger is a tool for power.
- Self-reliance vs. dependency/reliance on caliphate/government.
- Love your neighbor vs. kill your non-Muslim neighbor.
- Both men and women shall not commit adultery vs. only wives have to be faithful.
- Stealing is a sin vs. seizing non-Muslims’ property is a right.
- Thou shalt not bear false witness vs. lying and slander are obligatory in defense of Islam.
- Thou shalt not covet vs. covet the possessions of Allah’s enemies.
- The Bible vs. a Rebellion against the Bible.
- Constitutional republics vs. totalitarian theocracy.
- Christianity controls sin vs. Islam controls governments.
- The Kingdom of God is not of this world vs. Allah and the state are one.
- Government serves the people vs. the people serve the government.
- An ethics revolution vs. a counter-ethics revolution.
- In harmony with human nature vs working against human nature.
- Joy vs. shame.
Ironically Hitler’s wish for the Islamization of Europe is being fulfilled today. Pleasing Muslims has become a top priority of politicians in Europe and America, who put it above pleasing and protecting Western citizens. Page 300.
Western countries are ignorant of true Islamic values, says Nonie Darwish. Darwish is an Egyptian-American, former-Muslim human rights activist who is frustrated with mainstream America’s talk of tolerance and assimilation. In Wholly Different, Darwish sets non-Muslims straight about tenets of Islam that are incompatible with free society.
For the first time, Darwish tells the whole story of her personal break with Islam, starting with the brutal physical violence and rigid class system she witnessed and culminating with the spine-tingling visit she received from President Nasser after her father, fedayeen commander Mustafa Hayez, was assassinated by Israeli Defense Forces. She lays out the “seventh-century values” of Islam that religious extremists are so intent on protecting through global warfare—values that set Islam apart from the other Abrahamic religions.
Please Read Wholly Different
Anyone who cherishes the spiritual freedom offered by Jesus and the political freedom offered by the West, must read “Wholly Different, Why I chose Biblical Values over Islamic Values” by Nonie Darwish
Amazon: Wholly Different
Al Kresta interviews Nonie Darwish, March 3, 2022.
Book Review: “America’s War for the Greater Middle East.”
Copyright © 2022 by Jon Kauffman. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted when used to further the Kingdom of God. Permission is gladly given to re-blog this post.